Some of the tutorials I watched on YT to learn how to do yarn braids are here, here, and here.
A blog that I found extremely helpful is here.
I did learn a few things with the braids:
• Braiding in small sections gives better results. Larger sections results in a lot of space and a lot of visible scalp.
• Don't braid too tight or close to the edges. I had about 10 braids that I did a little to tight for my liking.
• Moisturize each section before braiding. The last thing you want with a protective style is breakage. Handling dry hair too roughly will lead to breakage.
• TIME. Putting in yarn braids so that they look good, takes t - i - m - e!!
• A spray bottle filled with your favorite moisturizer is great for daily moisturizing.
I love the outcome! This is definitely something that I will do again. When time allows and I am looking forward to trying out some styles with the braids.
If you have tried yarn braids, do you have any tips that you would like to share?