I finally got ahold of my first bottle of Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO). I was not going to jump on this bandwagon because plain Castor Oil has been working just fine for me, but my sister tried it and told me about so I decided to give it a shot. I bought a bottle but had no idea how to use it. Then....tada, Naturally Curly posts an article with tips on how to use this product. I am anxious to see how well this works and if my hair responds any differently than it does to plain Castor Oil.
How to Use JBCO for Hair Growth and Moisture
1. Apply small amounts of Jamaican Black Castor Oil daily to your hair roots and scalp. Then massage the oil into your scalp using your fingertips. You may leave the oil on your scalp overnight. The oil will not soil your pillow as it is easily absorbed into your scalp.
2. Once per week, use Jamaican Black Castor oil as a hot oil treatment, preferably on the weekends. Use generous amount and really massage it into your scalp and hair.
3. After applying JBCO to your scalp and hair, cover your hair with a plastic cap and go under the dryer for 15 to 30 minutes.
You should begin to see results in two weeks after original date of usage.
How to Use JBCO for Eyelash & Eyebrow Growth
Jamaican Black Castor Oil will help your eyelashes and eyebrows to grow thicker and longer, and keep them from breaking. It also helps promote new growth in bare areas of your eyebrows caused by over-tweezing. Massaging a little over the base of your eyelashes before bed prevents thinning and promotes rapid growth, leading to thicker and fuller longer lashes.
1. Wash your face with a mild soap and remove all traces of makeup from your eyelashes and eyebrows soap and remove all traces of makeup and dirt.
2. Dip a mascara wand or a cotton swab into Jamaican Black Castor Oil, tapping off any excess oil. It is important to only apply a thin layer, so use a clean tissue to dab away drips from the wand/Qtip if necessary.
3. Brush the oil evenly through your eyebrows from inner to outer tip. Then use the wand/cotton swab to apply the oil to your eyelashes, just as you would mascara, from root to tip.
4. Leave the JBCO on overnight and rinse off with a mild soap in the morning before you apply your makeup/ moisturizer.
I plan to use the first method above, How to Use JBCO for Hair Growth and Moisture, until my bottle is gone and then judge my results. My hair loves oil, especially Castor Oil so I am predicting that this will be beneficial to my hair.
Do you use JBCO? How and what are your thoughts?
Source: Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Hair Growth